Tuesday, August 10, 2010


So it's 4:55am and we are currently watching Spongebob dvds and eating cereal. Lydia woke up at 2am and after an hour and a half of fighting to keep her calm and quiet, I finally gave in and got out of bed. I've been spending this time researching reasons for sleep disturbances, as this has been happening for two weeks now. It goes something like, down for bed at 9pm, up at 2am wide awake ready to start the day, awake until 12pm for a nap, then all over again. Luckily, I am a night owl of sorts and can easily wake up and stay awake. The same cannot be said for my fiance.

I have come to the conclusion that it's from a developmental milestone. Lydia has been doing very well with potty training, has also been learning to let go of her abstract artistic qualities (I'm going to miss those drawings), and has been doing a lot of growing up in general.
I can only hope that this is a phase, and if not, there is always the drive-thru Starbucks that opens at 4am. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment